Sunday, July 25, 2010

sweet tooth

so, 2 days later and i'm finally posting my cake decorating experience. it was really fun! mess and all. it turned out pretty decent for my first fondant cake as far as the way it looks, but it tastes delicious!!! i took some pictures that i will now share with you.

all of ingredients + some grapes for my enjoyment. yum.

fondant, rolled, wrapped, and ready for fridge

two yellow cakes baked and cooling

buttercream icing, my tastiest creation of all ;)

so i need some practice laying the fondant but it didn't turn out too bad.

my food colored hand cut designs. lol. i'm so proud of my little cake.
it took a long time to do this so i now can understand why pastry chefs charge so much for cakes. all i did was this little one layered simple cake and it took me hours. it was fun though and i would definitely do it again :)



No comments:

Post a Comment